In the Ontario Court of Justice in North Bay, Anna McArthur, of North Bay, pleaded guilty to four counts of failing to fulfill a judge’s orders to file corporate tax returns. As director, officer or agent, McArthur did not file corporate income tax returns for the years 2002 to 2005 for 1135650 Ontario Inc. The total fine she received was $8,000. Penalties could have been avoided through Canada Revenue Agency’s Voluntary Disclosure Program. The voluntary disclosure program would only be applicable as long as CRA has not commenced enforcement action.
A RESIDENT OF NORTH BAY WAS FINED FOR NOT COMPLYING WITH A JUDGE’S ORDER TO FILE CORPORATE INCOME TAX RETURNS
This post was written by Mark Feldstein who has written 92 posts on Tax Break with Markham (Toronto) Chartered Accountants.
- Accounting Firm Conspires in Tax Evasion Scheme 11. Feb, 2011
- Lakefield plumber fined $173,907 for tax evasion 18. Jan, 2010
- $9,000 fine for not filing tax returns 18. Jan, 2010
- Newmarket resident fined for not filing tax returns 10. Feb, 2010
- General contracting company fined for GST evasion 09. Feb, 2010
- STRAFFORDVILLE WOMAN FINED FOR TAX TRICKERY 26. Sep, 2011
- FAILURE TO FILE TAX RETURNS RESULTS IN A FINE OF $3,000 FOR LONDON ROOFER 21. Sep, 2011
- Guilty of fraud in charitable donations scheme 17. Sep, 2011
- A RESIDENT OF NORTH BAY WAS FINED FOR NOT COMPLYING WITH A JUDGE’S ORDER TO FILE CORPORATE INCOME TAX RETURNS 26. Jun, 2011
- JAILED AND FINED FOR FAILING TO COMPLY WITH COURT ORDER TO FILE 25. Jun, 2011
Bankruptcy Barrie Bookkeeping Brampton Capital Gains Cash Transactions Charitable Donations Child Tax Benefit Con Air Program CRA Enforcement Division Excise Tax Act Failure to File Gifts GST Guelph Hamilton HST Income Tax Act Kingston Kitchener Lakefield Late Tax Filing Lindsay London Markham Niagara Falls Offshore Accounts Ottawa Peterborough Port Coquitlam Property Lien PST retirement planning Richmond Hill Sarnia St. Jacobs Stock Investments Taxpayer Bill of Rights Timmins Toronto Universal Child Care Benefits Unreported Income Vaughan Voluntary Disclosure Program Windsor